Wednesday 20 November 2013

10 Maxims

There is one maxim that I always remember. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars.” It is one of the quotes by Les Brown, and I’ve always remembered this quote ever since I was in elementary school. I thought that this was very encouraging and motivating. When you try, you will at least get something out of it. If you shoot for the moon and succeed, you will be happy because you get what you want. If you fail, you will still be happy because you will still be awarded for your hard work. This is my all-time favorite.
Another maxim I live by is to live optimistically. I learned that it does not help at all to be all negative about everything. I think that living positively actually lower down my stress level and relieves worries that may be troublesome.
Similar one is to forget about the past. I think that keep thinking about the past makes me more negative. I think that it is more important to think about what is happening right now and focus on the present stuff rather than thinking about what has already happened and what is going to happen. Past cannot be reversed and present things are going to be the future, so there is no reason to think about the past and the future.


Another quote is to treat others like how others will treat you. I think that this is really true. When I am mean to others, they are also mean to me. When I am nice to others, even the mean people try to be nice to me too.
Similar one would be to care about your friend as much as you love them. I think that just loving them is not enough. When you love someone, I think that you have to show that you love them so they would actually notice that they are being loved.
One maxim that I really like is to live as if today is the last day. Everyone says that destiny is unknown, and that everyone does not know when they are going to die. I think that it would be really sad to die without doing something that you really love or trying your best, so I try to put all my efforts in for everything to reach a point where I can do things that I love without being troubled.
Another quote I live by is you only live once. This is kind of similar to the other one, but this is like the prolonged version of the previous one. Since you only live once, you should try everything you want to try and live to the fullest.

There are much more quotes, but one thing that I firmly believe is that education is the golden lock to freedom. I believe that education will lead to liberation. This is one of the reasons I study hard, and this is proven because women and African Americans were granted liberty through educated people.


No comments:

Post a Comment