Monday 18 November 2013

What is Happiness

Happiness is an emotion every person has experienced at least once in their lives. It is what makes life enjoyable and worth living. Happiness can be described as the mood opposite to sadness but this would depend on the people. Sadness is defined differently among people as the meaning of happiness is not same for everyone. I define sadness as having no fun in life, meaning that there is no interesting thing going on in my life. Even when it’s studying, there is some fun although its “fun” may not be compared to the “fun” of having parties. Happiness is what I feel when I have something interesting going on in my life even though it may not be the extreme kind of fun.
               There are many things that contribute to my happiness in life, but there are three things that I need to fulfill my happiness. These are eating, shopping, and traveling. Eating is one of the things that make my life much enjoyable. When I am happy, I eat and when I am sad, I eat. The feeling I get from eating delicious food is ineffable. Desserts are what I enjoy the most, and the sweet kinds of desserts are what make me happy. Some of my favorites are cream puffs, cheesecakes, and strawberry shortcakes.
               Another thing that makes my happiness gauge go up is shopping. When I just enter a shopping mall full of pretty clothes, I get elated. I just feel the sudden rush of adrenaline. Once I start shopping, I cannot stop until I try on everything I want. This usually takes like three to five hours, and I mean that I usually take three to five hours in one shop.
               Traveling is the last thing, and this contributes to a prolonged happiness. Actually, I get more happiness from reminiscing about my trip than actually being in that trip. It is the places I go to, things that I do, and people that I go with that make my trip special even though the things I do may be ordinary. Trip gives it a special meaning, and the memories are the ones I cherish. They are my ultimate happiness of life. This is why I want to succeed in my life so I can travel around the world and build memories that will make my happiness last forever or at least until I die.
               If I could keep one feeling to last forever, it would be the feeling of happiness not hope or even love. If I have love that would mean that sadness would come along with it. However, if I have happiness, that would mean that I will get joy from maybe love and other things but sadness will not there. When there is happiness, sadness cannot exist. This is my opinion.
               I personally think that maintaining happiness is the reason of living. Happiness is what gives people pleasure, and many people do anything they can to get happiness. People try to find their love so they can feel happy and people try to get praise and honor from others so they can feel happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment