Tuesday 20 August 2013

Personal Experiences and Knowledge vs. Advice from Others

 All humans are imperfect. No one can know the solution to every question in their life, and in this case, help from others is necessary. Humans must cooperate with each other to fill in the gaps of the others, and getting and giving advices to others are one of the things requisite to make human more perfect beings.
               People give advice from what they have learned in their personal experiences.  Receiving this advice is like having a peek at their experiences. A peek does not give a full understanding of the situation, but it widens the mind of the viewer.  Before I entered high school, I was so worried about my high school life. I had never experienced it prior to this, so I had to get used to a new system of living. To gain more knowledge about high school life, I asked other high school students for advice. When I told them I was so anxious about it, they all laughed and assured that I would have no trouble getting used to high school life. They warned that it would be stressful because of all the works, but they all said their high school experiences were more enjoyable than those of junior high school. After they advised me on high school life, I knew what to expect and to prepare for. This might not seem really helpful, but it really helped diminish my anxiety.
               Stubborn people may insist on only relying on their knowledge and their experience. But once they realize the importance and benefits of other people’s advice, they would not be able to resist it and keep being adamant about it.  Other people’s knowledge and experiences may not be helpful as people’s own experiences, but it definitely is worth knowing. There are some advices that are vacuous, but even those will become helpful when many of them accumulate to form a real valuable advice. The more advice people receive, the better they will be in situations they never faced.
               Often teenagers like us, do not have enough experience or knowledge to find solution to a problem. Adults have more experiences or knowledge they can use, because they have lived way more than we have. They often know solutions to problems more than we do, so I really think that asking the adults for advice would help a lot in real life. When I need help whether it’s something related to academic or social, I always look for the nearest adult for advice. Most of the times, my parents are the ones I ask. They have gone through high school more than ten twenty years ago, but still. It’s better than nothing. Sometimes, their advices don’t give direct solution to problems, but using my personal experiences and knowledge together with it, I learned how to go through hardships in life.
               When my friends had trouble, I was always there for them. My friends appreciated my help as much as I appreciated their help. They would often tell me that they were stuck with certain problems because they didn’t know how to respond to it or how to solve it. Sometimes, I would give them advices even if I never experienced it myself. Last time, my friend had a fight with her boyfriend and she wanted me to give her an advice. As a person who never experienced it, I couldn’t give her specific advises. But, I could look at the situation more in an objective point of view, away from how people blinded by love would think. I think that this really helped her, and I felt really good about it too. After this, I really realized that advises are crucial to life. Even little advices can help people proceed from where they currently were.




No comments:

Post a Comment