Saturday 31 August 2013

My Favorite Super Hero

               If someone asks me what my superhero is, I would have a hard time answering this question not because I have difficulty choosing one but because I barely know any of them. The only superhero movie I watched from beginning to end was the Fantastic 4. I just watched it because my friends forced me to watch it at a party. I only watched like the first thirty minutes of the first Spiderman movie of the Spiderman series and half of the first Wolverine movie that came out. I have only seen pictures of the rest, Batman, Superman, Captain America, and many more.
Since it’s almost impossible to choose my favorite super hero, I would write about the one I thought most interesting from the three I watched. In my opinion, Wolverine exceeded both Fantastic 4 and Spiderman, although I


didn’t finish until the end. Wolverine was my favorite because he was seeking for revenge. Revenge might be a theme very common in the movies, but I found the way Wolverine portrayed it interesting. There was something supernatural about him, and it actually helped him start his revenge.
At first, he seemed to be hiding his identity hiding from those trying to eliminate people with super powers like him. But soon enough, they found where he was. Because they realized that he was not going to show up by himself, they used his lover as bait which I think was a cruel but a very clever idea. Realizing that his lover had been killed, he felt rage but also guilt. If he was an ordinary man like others, his lover would not have faced this situation. One person comes to him and convinces him that they will give him the power to revenge to the killer. Deceived, he goes through the experiment. By the time he finds out that the people were just using him for the experiment, it was too late to stop it. After the procedure takes place, it seemed as if he dies unable to endure the pressure. However, he revives or wakes up and escapes the place with titanium injected to his entire body.
To seek for revenge, he starts looking for his former colleagues, who also own super powers. One of his friends, the one who can teleport, tells him a hint of where they might be. He insists that he is going to go by himself, but his friend tags along. This was up to where I watched, and I really found the movie interesting. I couldn’t finish the movie, because I watched it at a school party. But if I had the time, I would really love to finish at least the second half of the movie.
I only watched like an hour of the movie, but I learned a lesson. When person is blinded by anger, they lose their ability to think with sense. This was what I saw in Wolverine. After he found out that his lover had died, he enrages. Then he seems to lose control of himself. This is apparently shown in the fighting scene between the Wolverine and the killer. Although he was powerful, his power could not match the power of the killer. Because he was enraged, he could not use his power sufficiently. He lost balance and he could not aim properly. This eventually resulted in his defeat.

Avengers was one of the movie that my friends recommended me to watch. I was actually planning to watch it, but I couldn’t because I didn’t have any time. Even if I watched it, I don’t think I could have understood the movie because I knew nothing about them. But I still regret it because my friends told me it was the best one out of the superhero movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment