Sunday 20 October 2013

If I Could Bring Back One Person From the Dead



If I could bring back one person from the dead, I would bring Jesus back to life. I’m not a religious person. I am an atheist, but many of my friends are actually Christians who firmly believe in the existence of God. Many friends have tried to convince me that God truly did exist and that the Bible is based on a true story, not made up. I refused to believe it every time someone tried to persuade me to believe that He really existed. If I could bring him back to life, then I would be able to ask him if the Bible is actually true and that He is God as every Christian says.
               I am not sure of what to serve him, because the food he ate back then would be so much different from the food we eat now. Because it is almost impossible to find or even cook the food that he is accustomed to, I would just take him to McDonalds and buy him a Big Mac Meal with Oreo McFlurry. Oreo Mcflurry has been my all-time favorite in McDonalds, and I think that he would even enjoy it. Although Big Mac is not my favorite, in my opinion, it is the biggest burger in McDonalds. Because he has been dead for a while, I think that he would need to eat a big burger to restore his strength. I think that he would be satisfied with it, because almost everyone likes fast food these days. It wouldn’t be bad to try a new kind of food. I would also make him try coke. I absolutely hate coke, but it’s my friends’ favorite soda. I hate the fizziness, but I think that he would like it. Before he goes back, I want him to experience what the world is right now.
               Although there is only one ultimate question to ask, I would also have to ask for something that can be used as a proof. There are millions of people who assert that the Bible is true, so oral assertion would not be enough. Currently, it’s only a theory, so it must be substantiated with a proof that is actually tangible. Perhaps I can ask him if there were any written text that he and his disciples wrote that can prove it or any biblical site that can prove any event written in the Bible. Although it would not be able persuade people to believe that the theory is true or not, I think that it will actually bring a step closer to finding a solution.
               If the theory is proven to be false, I would ask him then how so many people firmly believe that the theory is true. Probably he would be able to answer this question, because he was the one the book was based on. If he cannot, then it would just prove for sure that the theory is really not true. Then I would ask if the evolution theory is true. He might not know, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment