Wednesday 4 September 2013

Are People From the Past Friendlier than People Now?



People in modern days are definitely different from people from the past. Some people might say that people from the past are as friendly as the people in modern days. I disagree to this opinion. I think that people from the past were friendlier than the people in modern days. As time passed, people have become more corrupt losing the friendliness that existed in them. Or it perhaps might be that their friendliness is locked up deep inside them because corruption took place of their position.
               When people asked others to do them a favor in the past, they would kindly do it for them. Now, when people ask others, only few would actually take time to do this. This may not be the matter of their friendliness but of lack of time, but I think that this really has to do with friendliness. I think that people learned that they do not receive credit for what they have done to others most of them time. Some people would ask them a favor and would not even thank them for their deeds. I think people’s action caused people to become less friendly and more doubtful towards others. Some people would even question if doing the favor is worth their time. Before, people would often sacrifice their time just to do them a favor. However, this is the past. Things have changed.
               When I was in elementary school, I remember asking people favors. They would gladly help me and even offer help for next time. Now, I barely see this happen unless they are my close friends. I questioned myself once why this was happening, and I soon found the answer. People, actually majority of the people, have really asked others for help because they really needed their help. Others saw this opportunity as an advantage and used this to make their life easier. They would ask people to do homework or projects for them. At first, everyone would do it for them, but they soon realize that the person is using them. They stop helping that person, and when even someone else asks them for help, they first feel doubt. Because some people took this advantage and misused it, the friendliness that had existed in human nature disappeared.
               I agree to some extent that people nowadays are friendly as people from the past. If you get close to people, they would certainly be nice to you. People would then argue that people are actually friendly but it is not just shown as much as it was in the past. But people from the past were friendly to all people. Now, people are only friendly to people they are close to or those that have shown kindness to them first. I don’t think this can be a reason to say that people nowadays are friendly as the people from the past. When people are friendly, shouldn’t they be friendly to everyone? Why choose people whom they are going to be friendly to? I think that friendliness should be applied to everyone in order to say that people are friendly.
               There are some people even now who are friendly. But I found faults in this friendliness. It is not their fault, but the others’ fault. Because of other people, even the friendly people become corrupted. They realize that their friendliness only helps others and actually harms themselves by doing them a favor. I think that everyone is victim of the corruption.  Now, it seems almost impossible to restore trust among people to bring up this friendliness back to life, but we must certainly stop this corruption from spreading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment