Wednesday 18 September 2013

Super Power

               If I could have any superpower, I would choose to have the ability to fly. Flying was the ability only birds possessed and perhaps the airplane as the technology advanced. I always begrudged the bird’s intrinsic ability to fly. Whenever I saw them fly freely in the open sky, I myself wanted to join them and fly somewhere else. Instead of pertaining to the ground, flying would give me an opportunity to overlook the world from the top. Also, flying gives me an image of unlimited freedom. Freedom was something that I always sought for. The birds from the sky seemed like they always freedom. They had freedom over where they could go. I did not have freedom over where I could go. I had to almost always follow where my parents chose to went, and I always longed for freedom of choice.
               Also, flying would reduce my expenses for traveling.  Traveling is my favorite hobby. I just love to travel all over the place, and since Saipan is so isolated, far away from other places that I want to visit, I think that this flying ability would definitely reduce the amount of money that I need to spend for airplane ticket and allow me to spend more on things that I really want to spend like shopping, eating, and buying souvenirs. With this ability, I can visit my families or friends more often than now. All of my families are in Korea, so I could only visit them once a year or two years during the summer. Also, I can visit my friends in the states or other countries. I can go to Korea to shop for things that I need and eat foods that are only in Korea. Saipan often does not have things that I need because it’s an island. If I could fly, I think that it will make my life easier.
Flying would not only be helpful for pursuing my hobby but for following my daily routine. Every morning I drive to school, and although Saipan does not really have traffic or rush hour, it does frustrate me to stand in one place for more than five minutes just because there are too many cars in the road. Most of the time, I have to come out of my house at least ten minutes early just to be ready for any traffic that might occur on my way to school. If I don’t I would certainly be late to school, and traffic would not be an excuse for my tardy in school. Also, there are often cars that drive below 30 miles per hour even when they are driving up on the slope. Saipan is small, so most of the roads are one lane only. In this case, I have no choice but to stay behind the car and hope for the car to turn left or right. But most of the time, the car coincide to be going where I am heading to. This frustrates me the most, because even when I walk, I don’t like people getting in my way, especially if they are slow. I am a fast walker and a fast driver, so it’s really frustrating to have someone drive so slowly in the front. Also, it takes twice the amount of time to reach my destination because I can’t go at 40 miles per hour which is the average speed limit on the island. If I could fly instead of drive along with few hundreds of other cars occupying the road, it will definitely relieve my stress of having to deal with slow cars every time I drive. Also, it would be less time-consuming.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment